Peace Community Center creates transformational educational experiences for Hilltop youth and families of promise empowering future success in college, career, and community leadership.
We envision a vibrant community where youth and families are life-long learners who use their diverse gifts to cultivate love, justice, and peace for generations to come.
Community | Justice | Joy | Learning | Wholeness
Peace Community Center is committed to confronting systemic racism and all forms of oppression to promote personal growth, social justice, and reconciliation.
Faith Rootedness Statement
Peace Lutheran Church birthed Peace Community Center out of faith and a deep commitment of love for the Hilltop neighborhood, gifted Peace Community Center to Tacoma, and continues to closely partner with Peace Community Center to serve Hilltop youth and families today.
Strategic Focus Areas
Area 1: Establish Academic Rigor & Leadership
- Increase Scholars’ Academic Rigor
- Improve Scholars’ Community Leadership Footprint
- Identify a Robust Internship and Apprentice Program
Area 2: Improve Organizational Vitality
- Become an Anti-Racist Organization
- Produce Mentally and Physically Thriving Employees & Volunteers
- Improve Internal Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Increase the Center’s Financial Resources
Area 3: Attain Collaborative Community Partnerships
in Collaboration with Peace Lutheran Church
- Establish Partnerships to Address Employment, Housing, Mental Health and Adult Education needs within the Hilltop Community
- Achieve Collaborative Relationship & Partnership with Tacoma Public Schools
Area 4: Establish Data & Technology Resources
- Improve Internal Data Collection Process
- Increase Data-Driven Decision Making
- Increase Access to State of the Art Technology
Peace Community Center is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization | EIN: 91-1746986
Keep in Touch
Peace Community Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting students from 2nd grade through graduation, college, and into meaningful careers. | EIN 91-1746986.
© 2021 Peace Community Center