We’re hiring for our 2019-2020 Service Team!
Peace Community Center is looking to fill our 11 Member Service Leadership Team with individuals who are passionate about youth, education, and service.
WHAT SERVICE MEMBERS DO
Service Team members support the academic and holistic growth of students 2nd-12th grade in Tacoma’s Hilltop neighborhood by working wit the Center’s educational programs. Members will:
- Develop a strong connection to community, both within the Center and the local Tacoma community
- Grow as individuals through increased self-awareness and commitment to social justice
- Gain skills to successfully work with students and lead as professionals in our community
POSITIONS AVAILABLE (Serving September 1, 2019 – July 15, 2020)
- AmeriCorps: McCarver Scholars Elementary, Program Support Members
- AmeriCorps: Hilltop Scholars Middle School, Academic Engagement Specialists
- AmeriCorps: Hilltop Scholars High School, Academic & Volunteer Engagement Specialist
- Vision & Call Intern: Shared role between Peace Lutheran Church & Peace Community Center
- All applicants must fill out the AmeriCorps Application found HERE and submit an additional questionnaire HERE
- If you know someone who would be a good fit for this type of experience, please fill out our nomination form found HERE
- If you are interested in learning more about Peace and our service opportunities, please fill out an interest form HERE